There are different types of whole-house humidifiers and every brand claims they’ve got the best whole house humidifier. This is we are here to guide you with our best humidifier for whole house reviews and comparison so you can pick the right one. Besides, how to choose an ideal humidifier looking at the features, pros and cons also provided. Furthermore, consumer reports of each whole-house humidifiers are highlighted for an informed decision. Nevertheless, a humidifier is used to increase indoor humidity levels releasing moisture into your home. Since too low or too high indoor humidity level is not good for health. We advise humidifier owner’s to maintain 30 to 45% of indoor humidity levels, although, some studies conclude up to 60℅ is still reasonable. Any deviation below or above can be health threatening, therefore, the optimal level should be checked as you run a humidifier. The bottom line you want to add humidity to your home. To do this, you will need a humidifier. For those living in a larger apartment, a whole-house humidifier should be your priority. This type will save the cost of buying different portable units that are only efficient in single room humidification. However, we could help you find the best whole house humidifier if you want a device that will work best for your needs.
The Best Whole House Humidifier 2020 Comparison
Top 7 Best Whole House Humidifier Reviews
1. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console Humidifier
This appliance is from the AIRCARE brand and a portable type of whole house console humidifier that allow for easy mobility from one room to the other. It is designed for a home area of about 3,600 square feet and comes with a 3.6 liters water tank capacity which lasts for up to 24 hours delivery humidity. The device digital humidistat automatically regulates indoor humidity levels so that your home doesn’t get too humid. Also, turn off when the desired humidity is reached or the water level is low. Thanks to its automatic shut-off function in this best whole house console humidifier that does the work for you.
This evaporative mist humidifier comes with easy to clean wick filters that capture minerals deposits and other waterborne substances. As a console unit, it is equipped with caster wheels for you to transport the humidifier from one location to another with ease. The alarm indicator on this humidifier will alert you on the state of the filter and when to refill the tank. Also, has 3-speed fan settings that you can choose from low, mid, and high. For a reduced noise level when sleeping at night, switch to the low-speed mode. To operate this machine is not a task. The manual instruction guide will take you through the entire process. With a two-year product and 30 days wicks and filters warranty, the AIRCARE MA1201 is a good offer for the moisture. For maximum maintenance, replace filters and clean the unit when necessary.
2. AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Humidifier for whole house
Here is another rated unit which is the AIRCARE EP9 800 Pedestal. The whole house humidifier is designed to humidify homes measuring about 2,400 square feet. From its 3.5 gallon tank, you can boost indoor humidity level up to 60 hours of run time while its digital humidistat helps maintained accurate humidity needed in the coverage area.
When compared with the AIRCARE model MA1201, the 800 pedestal features variable fan speed controls up to 9 that you can choose from, but both featured an automatic shut-off functioning for safety. The refill and filter check indicator makes running and cleaning the machine easier. Additional features includes wick filter, caster wheels, front water refill. The Espresso is a known product among users, so here you will find consumers reports about the Espresso humidifier for solid decision making.
3. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
If you are looking for a whole-house humidifier that offers ease of use and cleaning. Honeywell HCM-6009 cool moisture is one product to consider as it comes with a wide top opening tank that can accommodate your hand. The wide tank opening also makes refilling easy as well, no hassle at all.
The quiet-care technology found in this appliance, make this humidifier a great recommendation for those looking for a night sleep humidifier. As a console unit, it comes with wheels which help in transporting it for multi-room use. One unique feature of this product will reduce the cost of your energy bills as it designs to consume electricity less than your normal 80 watts bulb.
4. AIRCARE EA1407 Digital Evaporative Humidifier
The EA1407 is another console unit from the Essick Air Company. Since you will like to decide from a wide list of humidifiers, putting this EA1407 at least will give you a broad decision. However, the Honey Oak is ideal for people leaving in homes of 4000 square feet.
Never consider this item if the space you want to humidify is lower than the specified range. This is because too much humidity promotes the growth of molds, mildew, and germs in a too humid environment. With digital read-outs display, you’ll able to view settings and changes in indoor humidity levels.
A digital humidistat is also available on this AirCare humidifier which automatically adjusts humidity level to soothe your health. When you make this product your choice, you will get to choose from different fan speeds, and also refill and water level indicator is on this humidifier that makes its operation easier and peace of mind.
5. Bionaire Ultrasonic Filter-Free Tower Humidifier
For those in need of a filterless whole house humidifier, here comes the Bionaire filter free humidifier which eliminates the cost of replacing filters like in the case of most competitive models. Since it does not use filters, what does the unit use? It uses a demineralization cartridge, this helps in killing health threaten allergens found in the water for healthy air.
With tower space-saving and lightweight design, you can mount this unit on your tabletop or any suspended flat surfaces that can hold it properly. This unit has three-speed settings starting from low, mid, and high which enable you to set the rate at which you want moisture being released into the air.
For you not to breathe contaminated air, this product tank is infused with antimicrobial protection which prevents the growth of bacteria and molds that causes odors, and stains which can affect the performance of your machine. Other features include 24 hours timer, digital humidistat, and automatic shut-off functioning for peace of mind operation. More details about this filter-free tower humidifier and customer reviews are available on Amazon.
6. Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
This whole room humidifier can be mounted on a tabletop to create evaporative mist suitable for healthier. Living in a well-humidified space is achievable using this unit because the Evapo40 uses its deep pitch blade to extract dry air from your space through its dual humidified filters and finally put its vortex action to work for even distribution of mist air all over your living space. This humidifier best works in-home measuring 1,000 square feet. With its humidity settings, you can adjust the humidity level to suit you.
This product also comes with a 3-speed fan for humidity control, you can select the speed you desire using the easy to use control panel. With a 4 gallon tank installed into this unit, you will enjoy nonstop humidity for up to 24 hours. The best whole house is easy to refill, cleaned, and maintained.
The 5-year limited warranty back up is a mark of confidence that this unit has a high performance. The downside of this machine, it uses a filter that needs to be changed following the manufacturing duration for replacement. Also, no automatic humidity control, so you have to set it yourself.
7. Bionaire BCM646C-NUM Cool Mist Tower Humidifier
The digital display unit comes in a classic and attractive design that stylishly blends into modern interior decoration. The tower unit means you can place it on your table whether at home or office which only occupies a little desk space. While the previous Bionaire machine is a filter-free unit, this BCM646C-NUM is built to use filters. This is where your preference sets in to know which among the two falls into your need. Purchasing this Bionaire BCM646C-NUM will let you see how the machine is working according to your settings and also the present humidity level of your room will be displayed on the LCD screen for you to view.
This product features variable speed settings, dishwasher for easy cleaning and also runs more quietly at the lowest speed. Besides, a one-year manufacturer warranty to enjoy on purchase of this unit. One major drawback, washing of filters and also the extra cost of acquiring new filters for efficient working of the machine but this shouldn’t discourage you as it’s a general problem with humidifiers that uses filters. If you think, this humidifier meets your specification, visit amazon.com for purchase terms.
The Best Whole House Humidifier Buying Guide
What Is A Whole House Humidifier
People shop for various indoor equipment such as your chairs, nice floor rogue, television, home theater, and others to make their home comfortable and welcoming. This is because all of these things are visible and we can react easily to them. What about the invisible dry air that is riskier to your health. How much attention have you paid to it unless they need arises before you do something about it? Even though you have bought plenty of home decor to make your home an abode of comfort.
Remember, with damaged health status, you cannot enjoy your well-planned home. This is what dry air can cause because dry air is usually discomforting. It ranks high among the factor known to be responsible for difficult breathing, dehydrated skin, sinuses problems, and among others. The good news, with a whole-house humidifier installed in the house, those problems can be prevented by maintaining proper indoor humidity levels with the aid of a humidifier.
Furthermore, a whole-house humidifier will save you the cost of buying two separate tabletop units that are inefficient in larger spaces. Some whole-house units can be connected to your HAVC system usually referred to as furnace humidifiers. There is also a stand-alone portable form of a whole house humidifier which is referred to as console units. They are called console units because they have wheels for easy transporting but can humidify the entire home as well.
Types Of Whole House Humidifiers
- Drum system: If you are looking for do-it-yourself installation, this is the right unit to consider, they are easy to install. They appear in a drum-like structure with a pulley belt motor that draws water from its reservoir into the system, so when the HAVC blows air through the drum leads to evaporation of moisture into your home air which is distributed evenly in the house. They are the cheapest of all but required high maintenance. That is, you have to clean them more often to prevent the growth of molds in their water tank.
- Flow-through system: They are not like the drum system that delivers mist by evaporation, this works by allowing water to drip through wick filter while your A/C or furnace blower pushes the air through the filters. They are also easy to maintain since they don’t allow for standing water compare to the drum types but little care still needs to be adhered to for proper running of the machine. However, the flow-through system requires you to connect them to your home water plumbing system.
- Steam humidifiers: These are advanced in terms of the mist they deliver. They are designed in such a way that you have the option to select cool or warm mist as you need maybe. With this option equipped into this whole house humidifier type, you can control the mist type you currently need at a particular time. However, they are very costly but deliver optimal performance and require low maintenance.
- Ultrasonic humidifier: Among the various types of humidifiers for the whole house, they are the least common. They use transducer in producing moisture, in the sense that water passes through the transducer as it moves to cause water molecules to be excited thereby forming droplets that later disintegrate into tinier molecules that are forced into the furnace system and are released all over your home. What you should know is that ultrasonic models are very expensive and requires higher maintenance as they tend to build up white dust that needs frequent cleaning.
- Console humidifier: Most people consider this to be ideal for single room use but the reverse is the case. Some console units can be used for an entire house depending on the model you have. However, they are costly to afford and also high maintenance as you will need to refill tanks when necessary and clean when due. Also, console humidifiers offer ease of use as other types of humidifiers required installation before running them. The most crucial aspect you must understand is an essential part of having a humidifier running in your space now which is discussed below.
What’s The Benefits Of Using The Best Whole House Humidifier
- Humidifier Benefits Reduced humidity makes you vulnerable to ill health like cold and flu symptoms, including lots of respiratory issues as low humidity favors the survival of the virus that can cause these problems. Raising humidity level helps minimize these problems
- Dry air is sometimes responsible for people’s allergy and asthma symptoms that is where the running of humidifiers at homes comes in to play.
- Lack of indoor humidity can cause damages to your home by drying out the walls, furniture, wooden work, and including artwork.
- While you think of the effect of low humidity only on your health, your home electronics can also be damaged by a lack of humidity due to static ions that infiltrate the devices.
- Energy bills tend to increase if you are experiencing dry home air because people feel colder in the presence of low humidity which makes them run their heating system constantly running to raise indoor temperature thereby adding to the cost of energy bills.
- Also, problems associated with dry indoor air include dry skin, dry mouth, sore throat, itchy skin, nose bleeding, and static feelings.
Features To Consider Before Choosing Home Humidifier
Certain features make one humidifier different from the other. Knowing these features will make you pick the best unit.
- Humidity customization
Some units are equipped with a digital humidistat that regulates humidity level while others are done manually. Check, if there is a display screen where you can view these settings to ensure everything is working fine.
These are the general questions to ask yourself before you choose a unit:
- Is it a filter or filterless humidifier?
You will need to clean or replace filters if you decide to buy units with filters. This increases the cost of maintaining this type but with filter-less humidifiers, no much cleaning, and less cost of running them.
- How often will you refill the tanks?
Units with larger tanks require less filling compare to those with smaller tanks. However, some whole-house humidifiers need not be refilled as they are connected to the home water supplying system.
- Coverage area limit
This is very important as many consumers pay less attention to this feature. They think since it’s a whole-house unit, it can work efficiently in all space area. This s not true, every unit comes with a specific number of square feet where it can work efficiently. Before you place an order, ensure you know the exact number of square feet (sq. ft.) of your house to get a unit that is in line with your home coverage limit.
As we have seen in this discussion, a whole house humidifier is the best option if you want to humidifier an entire building. They are not expensive to maintain compared to ultrasonic humidifiers, besides after installation, only a schedule maintenance is required. Therefore, we encourage you to choose the best whole house humidifier for you to stay in a well humidified indoor environment.